Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 16803
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Oversees business, financial and strategic aspects of clinical research in the Department of Pediatrics and UNC Children’s, including program planning, revenue generation, operational analysis, financial analysis, problem resolution, strategic planning and performance improvement. The Department is experiencing extreme growth in clinical research and focus of position will be developing and implementing plans to support growth along with new researchers.
1. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
2. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
3. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Health Administration or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of experience in process improvement or re-engineering projects, physician billing analysis or reporting, strategy and decision management, or managed care. Experience should include performance improvement, outcomes measurement, project management, data analysis and strategic planning.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Ped Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.