Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 25316
Location: Asheville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physician Group Practices
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Carolina Spine and Neurosurgery Center is under new Management.
Processes physician, hospital, and outpatient referrals. Responsible for patient scheduling, obtaining insurance authorization, and providing appropriate guidance regarding insurance coverage. Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Works collaboratively with all diagnostic and surgical service areas, physician offices and hospitals to ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness when scheduling patient appointments, tests and procedures.
2. Consistently provides accurate and detailed patient information to include patient demographics and medical information pertinent to appointment being scheduled to ensure patient safety and quality patient care.
3. Obtains accurate and valid physician or advanced practitioner orders for all appointments, tests and procedures being scheduled.
4. Accurately and consistently communicates appointment, test, procedure information and prep to patient and/or family member. Adheres to privacy, compliance and HIPPA regulations.
5. Ensure patient has follow-up appointment with the physician to discuss outcomes, as appropriate.
6. Consistently and accurately document the date and time of appointment, tests, scan or procedure in the patient's medical record. Communicate as appropriate to practice staff.
● High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: GP2
Entity: UNC Physician Group Practices
Organization Unit: Carolina Spine & Neurosurg Ctr
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Asheville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.