Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 23752
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs a variety of phlebotomy procedures and/or patient point-of-care testing in support of the clinical activities in the Healthcare System.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30AM - 5PM, every 3rd weekend 3AM - 11:30AM
1. Consults/confers with healthcare providers/patients regarding patient care as it relates to phlebotomy service issues.
2. Ensures quality and accuracy of work.
3. Investigates problems with equipment, patient results, specimens and/or workflow.
4. May participate on teams or perform special projects/assignments.
5. May perform teaching and training of new employees, phlebotomy students and/or other healthcare providers.
6. May review test results to ensure accuracy of reporting and timely correction of errors or report results to healthcare providers.
7. Performs phlebotomy procedures, quality control and equipment maintenance in the appropriate laboratory.
8. Responsible for and/or ensures completion of daily work and assigned tasks. Monitors daily operation of laboratory work area.
● High School diploma or GED.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of phlebotomy experience required, or
● If graduation from a phlebotomy program, no previous experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Phlebotomy Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.