Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 21012
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Top-ranked in the nation, UNC Family Medicine provides patient-centered primary care, conducts groundbreaking research, cares for communities, and trains the best and the brightest young doctors and primary care providers. We provide full-scope patient care for babies, children, adolescents, and adults throughout the life cycle, including the provision of maternity care. We provide extensive services for physical health, emotional wellbeing, nutrition, and acute care, including sports medicine. Our three locations are The UNC Family Medicine Center at Chapel Hill (central location where we also have an Urgent Care Clinic), The UNC Family Medicine Center at Durham, and The UNC Family Medicine Center at Carraway Village. We are proud to serve our amazing, diverse UNC community and ALL the people of North Carolina. Learn more at: http://uncfamilymedicine.org.
The Quality & Organizational Excellence Senior Leader is a valued member of the Family Medicine Center leadership team and will support the Department in achieving its clinical, academic, and research missions. This position will report directly to the Associate Chair for Administration (ACA).
1. Utilize quality and process improvement tools, methodologies and technologies to solve business problems and enhance operations
2. Develop, deploy, and coordinate projects as needed to improve the Department’s performance
3. Be able to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and function in a fast-paced environment, but maintain a keen eye for detail
4. Work well in a team environment, comfortable working independently, and be accountable for results and outcomes
5. Partner with Department leaders to assess and recommend improvements in workflow/process
6. Engage champions by securing buy-in and working collaboratively to develop project goals and plans to meet the needs of the group.
7. Use quality improvement methodology (i.e. PDSA, rapid cycle improvement, Kaizen/RIE) to test out novel solutions to challenges
8. Utilize project management techniques to engage teams and lead projects to completion
9. Works with pilot end-users, design and support PDSA, data collection and project summary
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
● No licensure or certification required.
● Requires completed portfolio and must have one member of the Quality committee (or designee) on interview team.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Five (5) years of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis.Clinical Experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong leadership skills, ability to influence leaders and lead complex projects. Facilitation skills and presentation skills.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Amb Care-FPC-Other-F
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.