Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 25329
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Healthcare Analyst II is a professional with the ability to
provide clinical, financial, and/or operational analysis to formulate
actionable insights and strategies against departmental/organizational goals;
business/clinical outcomes, and regulatory mandated requirements. The Healthcare Analyst II leverages
data to improve the operational or clinical workflows within a health system.
1. Communication, presentation, requirements gathering and relationships: Collaborate with stakeholders to identify objectives, goals, and requirements; translate requirements into functional specifications, analytic and data specifications; develop project timelines for projects and ongoing initiatives.
2. Actionable Insights and Improvements: Gather, validate, and synthesize data from a variety of internal and external sources. Create and maintains processes to effectively validate data and ensure integrity of deliverables; interpret data, identify trends, establish and utilize benchmark data; present and explain analysis; recommend improvements to process, analysis, and research methods. This role may be expected to implement and maintain improvements.
3. Data, Dashboard, & Report Assets: Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to create accurate and meaningful reoccurring dashboards that provide visualization of the data in a way that communicates existing trends and patterns.
4. Mentorship & training: Provide mentorship and training in both the analytical technique and quality of work for other analysts throughout the organization.
5. Other responsibilities as specified by the department.
● Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelors degree, requires two (2) years of experience. If a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), then no years of experience is required.
● If a Master’s degree, requires no experience.
● If an Associate's degree, requires six (6) years of experience in professional accounting, management of an operational unit, business analysis or financial analysis.
● If a High School diploma or GED, requires ten (10) years of experience in professional accounting, management of an operational unit, business analysis or financial analysis.
● Relevant Co-Ops and Internships may be counted towards years of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● [INTERMEDIATE- Intermediate Proficiency: You are able to successfully complete tasks in this competency as requested. Help from an expert may be required from time to time, but you can usually perform the skill independently]
• Intermediate Business Objects (or comparable data querying tool) proficiency preferred.
• Demonstrated use of Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
• Highly responsive to internal customers.
• Demonstrate effective, culturally sensitive communication skills and effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a variety of people.
• Detailed oriented, excellent organizational, planning and prioritizing skills with flexibility and adaptability in a variety of work situation.
• Data Governance Stewardship role commitments expected.
• Exemplifies UNC Health System Values.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Pharmacy 340B Programs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.