Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 20750
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Ensures accurate coding, recording and reporting of financial data for the UNC Health Care. Monitors accounting activity to ensure adherence to budgets and other regulatory requirements.
1. Develops and implements fiscal strategies to achieve goals and objectives. Prepares financial analyses for departmental and institutional planning.
2. Manages specific funds including preparing all reports, explanations, and schedules. Monitors compliance with policies and procedures and make recommendations for changes as appropriate.
3. Monitors accounting transactions for accuracy and consistency. Reconciles data from subsidiary systems to General Ledger.
4. Monitors and analyzes revenues and actual expenditures in relation to budget and makes changes to plans as appropriate. Participates in the planning and establishment of budgets, goals and objectives.
5. Prepares and maintains accurate accounting records to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies as well as GAAP, GASB and FASB. Participates in System-wide initiatives to improve operational efficiencies
6. Processes journal entries including approval and correction of entries
7. Supervision - Reviews work of subordinate staff
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: No prior experience required.
● If an Associate's degree: Four (4) years of experience in accounting.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eight (8) years of experience in accounting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong analytical skills.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: System Accounting
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.