Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 25273
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 providers by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
There are two critical needs for the Project Manager; 1) ongoing day to day management of payer regulation - CMS and other policy driven or regulatory demands broadly impact UNC Health system performance under value and place our system at considerable, potential risk of penalty or financial loss. 2) UNC Health system growth and complexity require consistent and recurring capacity and capability to onboard new entities and complete required value-based due diligence efforts for each in a timely and professional manner.
The Project Manager will utilize a learned knowledge of CMS value-based care expertise and UNC Health Alliance’s Care Transformation Needs Assessment process to develop and implement programmatic strategies which drive successful performance and onboarding across a range of UNC Health entities. Leads and collaborates on CMS regulatory program from beginning to end and ensures annual program completion within the given deadline and requirements. Collaborates with key system partners (UNC Physicians, System Affiliations, PN, ISD), and executives and within new entities to complete needed data collection, needs assessments, and value-based due diligence. Independently oversees day-to-day operational activities of UNC Health Alliance value program, including management of policy initiatives, data analysis when needed and strategy. Closes out new entity and due diligence needs in a timely and professional manner, handing of needs and actions to HA and other operational units for ongoing management and resolution. Follows through on regulatory program scope, goals, and deliverables that support UNC Health strategy and mission. Key responsibilities include project and program administration, analysis and management, communicating effectively at all levels of the organization and a natural curiosity to continuously identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
1. Program Administration Requires thorough research and learned knowledge of CMS’ Quality Payment Program, including annual policy updates and program changes. Plans, coordinates and administers activities of assigned program to include developing, implementing, and administering related processes, services and systems to ensure successful annual program submissions. Accountable for aspects of assigned value program and initiatives. Engage with internal and external stakeholders as well as key partners to proactively monitor performance. Identify, escalate, and mitigate risks. Interface across UNC Health Alliance, UNC ISD, UNC Health and applicable entities to effectively communicate performance strategies and successfully elicit support that results in improved program performance.
2. Care Transformation Needs Assessment and Due Diligence Requires broad knowledge of UNC Health Alliance priorities and regulatory policy and contractual details that could place UNC Health system performance under value at considerable risk of penalty or financial loss. As the system continues to grow, UNCHA must take a more proactive approach to new entity agreements, key decisions, and onboarding. This positon must develop and maintain expertise and the process to support these efforts, Onboarding new entities and completing required value-based due diligence efforts for each in a timely and professional manner.
3. Analysis and Reporting Analyzes and resolves complex issues, performs performance and operational analytics and communicates requests for advanced analytical reports that provide key business insights. Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all aspects of the program are successfully implemented, and that annual submission data is accurate. Routinely reviews and presents complex program concepts and supporting data to a variety of stakeholders in a cross-functional matrixed environment. Identifies opportunities for improvement and develops recommendations for further evaluation, executive consideration, projects, or services. When needed, engages with team to prioritize completion of operational tasks to drive value program and performance. Oversees annual submission of program data to CMS.
4. Communication and Relationships Proactively engages with various internal and external leaders to identify and analyze opportunities for improvement. Implements processes to identify and ensure standardization decisions occur with minimal disruption to provider workflows. Expertly facilitates the strategic and operational alignment of program initiatives, financials, and resources. Exhibits a culture of collaboration and teamwork. Ensures the right stakeholders are engaged while driving program specification requirements for value program and associated initiatives.
5. Strategic Planning Interface with applicable UNC Health Alliance and UNC Health Care entities and effectively communicate strategies to ensure successful value program performance. Uses analytics and data to provide strategic leadership for assigned value programs and initiatives. Interacts with representatives throughout the organization to plan, organize and execute strategies with the goal of longitudinally enhancing program performance and outcomes.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of professional experience in project management related experience.
● If Master's degree, two (2) years of professional experience in project management related experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong knowledge of project management techniques and tools required.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: HA Central Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.