Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 25112
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the development and administers the new coworker orientation, education, and staff development program for hospital based Case Managers, Outcomes Specialists, Clinical Documentation Specialists, Team Assistants, and Medical Social Workers.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Provides educational consult to departmental coworkers/leaders, physicians, and coworkers/leaders in other departments to foster a better understanding of utilization management practice and improve outcomes.
2. Represents the department on the Nursing Education Council.
3. Works collaboratively with the management team to develop professional and leadership skills of coworkers (point person/preceptor/other).
4. Maintains case management competencies related to utilization review and discharge planning.
5. Works collaboratively with the Systems Support Specialist to develop testing scenarios and test new software or upgrades to the case management information system(s).
6. Serves as the primary point of contact for new coworkers during orientation. Coordinates the orientation schedule, assigns and serves as a resource for unit/area-based preceptors, and participates in the evaluation of new coworkers during their probation period.
7. Works closely with management to review outcomes for all disciplines to identify areas of departmental, team, discipline, or individual education/PI/staff development. Develops the education plan to improve outcomes.
8. Develops and maintains an online case management educational library.
9. Actively escalates issues to management where education efforts have been exhausted and management intervention is required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Care Mgmt-Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.