Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 24449
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Health Department of Care Management is accepting applications for a full-time Social Worker for the Adult Cardiology and Pulmonary Clinics at UNC’s Eastowne Building in Chapel Hill. This outpatient position includes working with a multidisciplinary care team to serve patients with complex social, environmental and mental health needs that prevent them from addressing their healthcare needs. This position will serve as the social worker to provide psychosocial support to patients following hospital admission.
Creativity, flexibility, initiative, excellent time management, communication and organizational skills are required in this fast paced environment. The successful candidate will work Monday through Friday. Preferred candidates will be fully licensed with an LCSW and have experience working in medical social work.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Completes clinical assessments of bio-psychosocial needs, provides information and short-term therapeutic counseling to patients and their families in relation to social, psychological, financial, and family situations and prepares an intervention plan.
2. Develops and maintains good working relationships with outside community health and social agencies. Reaches out to the community to learn of and utilize new resources for meeting patient needs. Assists patients and families with obtaining community assistance by referral to proper resources.
3. Identifies possible or actual patient/family crises, providing crisis intervention and emotional support, and creating and facilitating effective plans for resolution.
4. Obtains, interprets, and communicates to staff and physicians necessary information regarding patients and families, including biopsychosocial history information.
● Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
● Licensed as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker Associate (LCSWA) in the state of North Carolina.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS, Modified, Modified, Modified
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Care Mgmt OP Social Wrkrs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.