Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 25382
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This Paralegal position will be primarily responsible for supporting the attorney in the Legal Department who manages contracts for UNC Hospitals but may also support other attorneys in the office, performing both regular tasks and special projects, as assigned. Responsibilities may include:
• Working closely with attorneys to draft, edit and review contracts including but not limited to professional and management service agreements, amendments to current agreements, and training agreements.
• Working with business leaders to gather and finalize terms of contracts, submit final agreements for signature, track and manage the approval and signature execution process.
• Monitoring contracts for upcoming expirations and/or required renewals.
• Assisting with and managing contracts, developing templates and creating initial drafts, including assistance with managing the contract management software.
• Assisting with review and management of a variety of contracts, including professional service agreements, training agreements, and other types of agreements.
• Maintaining a database of standard contractual terms and conditions.
• Acting as a liaison with supply chain and other departments that interact with the legal department on contractual issues.
• Assisting as needed with routine legal issues in a hospital and health care setting.
• A successful candidate should possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), critical thinking skills, ability to work independently and on a team, and ability to utilize technological resources to support clients and attorneys.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Legal Office
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.