Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 21752
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Monitors telemetry patients, ensuring telemetry is applied correctly.
1. Collaborates with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team to promote patient safety and meet emergency needs. Reports problems, variances, etc. to the charge nurse with written follow-up to the nurse manager.
2. Educates staff and/or patients on cardiology technical procedures and equipment. Teaches telemetry principles to patients and family as needed. Precepts new telemetry technicians as necessary.
3. Ensures that all equipment is clean and in working order. Troubleshoots basic problems with equipment and refers it for resolution if unable to resolve the problem.
4. Operates cardiovascular diagnostic or therapeutic equipment. Interprets and documents cardiac rhythms. Responds to alarms promptly and appropriately. Adheres to arrhythmia protocols. Ensures that patients have telemetry applied correctly.
5. Prepares related reports, inputs test results into database and documents procedures as appropriate.
● Successful completion of an approved EKG class (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● High School Diploma or GED
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider Certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If successful completion of an approved EKG class: No prior experience required.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Six (6) months of experience in a medical environment.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: EKG
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.