Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 24460
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Visit
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
"This position qualifies for a $15,000 commitment incentive (paid over a 3-year work commitment; installments every 6 months after start date), and up to $10,000 in relocation assistance (relocation amounts based on candidate location distance at time of hire).”
Employs radiologic sciences technology to perform a variety of patient care, technical, and diagnostic tasks targeted to the care of patients with cardiovascular disease. Major tasks include ultrasound imaging, patient preparation and post procedure care, procedure room set-up and cleaning, and quality monitoring.
1. Demonstrates competence in delivering pre-procedure and post-procedure patient care including, but not limited to patient assessment pre- and post-procedure care and, emergency cardiac care (CPR is required). Additionally, assistance with post-procedure transport may be required.
2. Ensures equipment is calibrated and properly maintained on a daily basis. Performs and records all equipment maintenance and quality assurance monitoring. Troubleshoots and identifies any equipment problems and reports to appropriate supervisor.
3. Generates ultrasound images of the heart and/or vascular related structures.
4. May perform staff training and education.
5. Monitors and records patient information and maintains report storage and data systems. Compiles and enters data necessary for charge entry and prepares reports. Also responsible for retrieval of stored information and reports from the automated storage system.
6. Prepares procedure room and equipment for daily use and is responsible for timely and efficient room preparation between procedures.
● Associate’s degree in Sonography, Radiology or a related field within 3 months of hire, OR
● Completion of a twelve (12) month ultrasound program within 3 months of hire.
● Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Cardiac Echo
Work Type: Per Visit
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.