Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 25976
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This work encompasses a variety of fitness and rehabilitative activities in either a wellness center or clinical rehabilitation setting. Employees are responsible for instructing members on a variety of fitness programs and equipment and/or leading them through a series of activities and exercises to promote health and well being. Personal training certificate (NASM) is required.
1. Communication Maintain communication with members that have been oriented to the FitLinxx Software System according to departmental guidelines. Consult the Fitness Staff Information Binder and Equipment Log at the beginning of every shift to ensure communication occurs between staff and the Fitness Director pertaining to any issues that arise on a shift. Reports and records information correctly in the Fitness Staff Information Binder, Equipment Log, and Daily Cleaning Schedule for every shift.
2. Floor Supervision While supervising the fitness floor, an instructor should provide services with consideration of physical, psycho-social, cultural/spiritual, and age specific needs of those served. Exceed member expectations by responding to member's problems and concerns in an appropriate, timely, and respectful manner. Maintains a personal awareness of the members and guests of the Wellness Center to provide optimal assistance by directing members to programs and services that are appropriate for them. Promotes a safe environment with energy and a positive attitude.
3. Instruction Conducts New Member Orientations and Fitness Clinics to teach, instruct, and advise members on cardiovascular and strength training equipment and the FitLinxx Software System according to departmental guidelines. Ensures a quality education of safe, effective, and proper use of fitness equipment with an engaging personality.
4. Use of Equipment Uses equipment and supplies correctly. Ensures sanitized and hygienic conditions in the fitness area. Clean all fitness equipment on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis according to the manufacturer's recommendations and as assigned to their shifts. Responsible for inspecting equipment on every shift to ensure safety and proper function. Follows proper policies and procedures in using housekeeping supplies.
● High School diploma or GED
● Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification within one (1) month from date of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Quest4Life
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.