Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 25912
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Keeps informed of critical patients, police cases, and media interest cases throughout the hospital; monitors bed availability, responds to emergency situations, maintains shift report, and provides feedback to managers/directors as needed.
1. Keeps informed of critical patients, police cases, and media interest cases throughout the hospital.
2. Monitors bed availability and assigns and/or assists in the assignment of admissions and transfers appropriately.
3. Support staff in the decision to call the Clinical Manager with staffing needs/extra needs.
4. Responds to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures.
5. Serves as a representative for Rex Healthcare and keeps the Executive staff informed of activities/incidents on days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays by appropriate reporting.
6. Keeps informed of current policies and procedures in order to be a resource to staff.
7. Monitors hospital wide activity in order to provide assistance as needed. Provides feedback to Clinical Manager/Directors when indicated.
8. Maintains a shift report that details restraint use, sitters and hospital/unit activities and census.
9. Upon being informed of patient transfers to other acute care facilities, reviews forms for accuracy and compliance with EMTALA and maintains a log of these transfers.
10. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics. Participates in performance improvement and quality improvement activities. Recognizes, supports, and utilizes evidence based nursing practices.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited Nursing school preferred.
● Must have NC RN Licensure.
● RN NC LIC;BCLS
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five years of previous experience is desired.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex ED Overhead
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.