Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 25981
Location: Asheville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physician Group Practices
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Carolina Spine and Neurosurgery Center is under new Management.
1. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
2. Ensures compliance with revenue cycle and financial audit requirements.
3. Demonstrates effective computer skills, files, answers phones in a timely and professional manner providing complete and accurate information, and performs other administrative duties as required.
4. Accurately performs patient check in and check out procedures. Processes privileged patient information (obtains current insurance verification and authorization, codes visits using accurate ICD and CPT codes), balances daily receipts, and responds to billing questions. Schedules patient appointments entering all required demographic and clinical information into the system and coordinating with other parties.
5. Maintains adequate clinical supplies, office supplies, and equipment. Coordinates resolution of equipment repair and facility management issues.
6. Provides relief staffing, support and training for other administrative medical office assistants and clinical medical office assistants.
7. Provides direct supervision of administrative medical office assistants and clinical medical office assistants in the absence of the Practice Manager.
8. Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures.
9. Demonstrates leadership in customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Exhibits effective communication skills and team work.
Legal Employer: GP2
Entity: UNC Physician Group Practices
Organization Unit: Carolina Spine & Neurosurg Ctr
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Asheville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.