Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 25809
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 providers by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The purpose of this position is to provide ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. The overall goal of the position is to enhance the quality of patient management and satisfaction and to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through Medicare Annual Wellness Visits and episodic care management in the ambulatory practice setting. The care manager performs business functions, such as management of resources and participates in compliance and quality performance improvement efforts to ensure that care is safe and effective. The Care Manager must be a highly organized professional with great attention to detail, adaptable to frequent change, and compliant with regulatory and departmental guidelines and policies. They must work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary care team to achieve high quality, low cost outcomes for patient populations.
This job will be embedded in the UMC Health Family Medicine at Clarkton, UNC Health Family Medicine at Whiteville and UNC Health Family Medicine at Tanglewood practices in the Lumberton and Fayetteville areas.
*This position qualifies for a $4,000 commitment incentive, paid in four (4) installments over a two (2) year commitment. Payment of $1,000 is made after each six (6) month period of work completed.
1. Provides Medicare Annual Wellness visits and care management services in the ambulatory practice setting. Works collaboratively with other care team members to develop and support the patient's care plan.
2. Utilizes motivational interviewing to identify barriers and facilitate care plan compliance. Serves as a patient advocate, supporting shared decision-making and the use of decision aids.
3. Educates patients and families on a variety of topics including how to access medical home services, establish self-management goals, and navigate the health care system.
4. Identifies, coordinates and helps to align patient care and community resources to facilitate patient care transitions and prevent hospital readmissions and Emergency Department visits.
5. Reviews and monitors patient outcomes, recommends changes in care plan and implements population management interventions in partnership with an interdisciplinary healthcare team to facilitate the best in patient care
6. Develop a cohesive and strong team-oriented relationship with physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
7. Appropriately documents consults and interventions in the patient's electronic medical record.
8. Maintains compliance with governmental and private insurance billing and reimbursement guidelines.
9. Consistently achieves established productivity and other performance targets.
10. Actively participates in meetings, problem solving, goal setting, quality improvement and patient satisfaction initiatives.
11. Maintains compliance with UNC policies and procedures.
12. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self, and others.
13. Professionalism - Demonstrates flexibility and professionalism in a dynamic environment with frequent re-ordering of priorities and assignments. Uses critical thinking skills to evaluate and prioritize rapidly changing demands.
14. Maintains current knowledge and skills, and practices to the full scope of licensure as a Registered Nurse.
15. May assist with training/precepting as needed as assigned.
● Graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● If hired after October 1, 2015 must be enrolled in an accredited program within four years of employment, and obtain a Bachelor's degree with a major in Nursing or a Master's degree with a major in Nursing within seven years of employment date.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of health care experience as a Registered Nurse.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong assessment and critical thinking skills
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Pop Health-UNCPN Care Mgmt
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.