Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 23818
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Manager is responsible for budget, administrative functions, personnel, compliance and facilities planning. Incumbents ensures facility meets all safety requirements and equipment is properly maintained.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Coordinates staffing and disciplinary functions in conjunction with Director and also performs scheduling and job evaluations.
3. Meets with employees to assess training and professional development needs.
4. Plans, coordinates and integrates department services within the department and with other departments throughout the organization. Interacts with all departments which impact assigned area.
5. Coordinates, leads, and participates in performance improvement activities for service.
6. Promotes, monitors and follows predetermined schedule of preventative maintenance, making recommendations, changes and additions to equipment schedules as needed.
7. Coordinates and maintains stock of emergency parts, supplies, equipment and tools for ready availability. Make arrangements for emergency pick-up of above materials as needed.
8. Confers and coordinates daily work with Director and may represent Director as designee on occasion.
9. Manages contractors, salespersons and engineers with regard to equipment and services needed under the guidance of the Director of Facility Services.
10. Observes daily office and departmental activities with attention to insuring that Facility Services keeps life safety concerns and patient/staff safety needs as a core focus, as set forth in the Rex Patient Safety Plan, the Environment of Care Manual and our Departmental Procedure Manual.
11. Assists with obtaining information and ordering signage for departments as well as directional signage for facility.
12. Assists in the development of short and long term goals for the department and analyzes departmental activities in order to help ascertain the extent to which departmental goals are being met.
13. Assists in communicating hospital policies and procedures to employees and serves as liaison between executives, directors and staff.
14. Maintains accountability for budgetary resources, within approved allocations, for assigned area. Monitors expenditures and reports variances. Takes corrective action as appropriate.
15. Provides budget input for assigned area.
16. Plans, coordinates and integrates department services within the department and with other departments throughout the organization. Interacts with all departments which impact assigned area.
17. Inspects repairs, and manages installations and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, heating, ventilation, plumbing and refrigeration equipment and systems. Monitors, updates and insures compliance with the preventative maintenance program. Assists in developing and administering the institution's energy management program.
● High School diploma or GED
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years trade related experience
● Two (2) years management experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, visitors and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Facility Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.