Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 25545
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the management of preoperative and postoperative bariatric surgery patients at Rex Surgical Specialists, specifically within the Bariatric Surgery Program; Responsible for seeing other, non-bariatric surgical patients as well. Performs initial nutrition assessment and follow up education with bariatric patients, as well as teaches pre-operative nutrition classes. This position requires extensive knowledge in the treatment of obesity and the use of behavioral modalities to effect change. The dietitian must possess strong interpersonal skills and teaching skills to communicate information to patients and colleagues.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Assesses and educates preoperative and postoperative bariatric surgery patients individually and in groups.
3. Develops nutrition care plans utilizing clinical, biochemical, and socio-economic and psychosocial factors.
4. Communicates with multidisciplinary staff (inpatient and outpatient) regarding any nutrition related issues influencing the overall progress of the bariatric patient; participates in patient care meetings to discuss patient care issues
5. Interprets, evaluates and utilizes pertinent research in obesity to assist in """"best practice"""" outcomes for the bariatric patient
6. Participates in program events, including information sessions, bariatric forums, and support groups as well as grocery store tours and cooking classes
7. Participates in staff meetings, with regard to program standards, improvement, and problem solving with patient issues
8. Responsible for promoting positive nutrition outcomes to support/maintain Centers of Excellence status
9. Performs other duties as assigned
● Baccalaureate Degree Masters degree preferred.
● Currently Registered and Licensed Dietitian in the state of North Carolina
Professional Experience Requirements:
● A minimum of 2 years experience in counseling, behavior modification techniques and group facilitation. Experience working with the bariatric population
● Prefer: A minimum of 2 years experience in counseling, behavior modification techniques and group facilitation.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● This position requires extensive knowledge in the treatment of obesity and the use of behavioral modalities to effect change. The dietitian must possess strong interpersonal skills and teaching skills to communicate information to patients and colleagues.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NC Surgery-Bariatrics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.