Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 25466
Location: Clayton, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs variety of nursing duties for patients in diagnostic testing area of our outpatient cardiology practices. The ideal candidate demonstrates strong organizational skills and task flexibility; Experience with EKG required. This position is part-time, day shift; no nights, weekends or call.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others
2. Verify ordered tests, drugs needed to perform test, and obtain appropriate consent
3. Inform patient of procedure guidelines and explain all aspects of the procedure with patient and family members as necessary
4. Review and obtain patient medication list and enter into EMR system. Start IV on patients. Help patient with treadmill and/or any side effects from pharmaceuticals given for stress test
5. Prep patients for stress testing, placing electrodes, initiating EKG. Monitor vital signs during test. Monitor EKG recording during test. Remove IV and disconnect electrodes, EKG upon completion of test
6. Perform Quality Assessments for patient satisfaction surveys, cath lab correlations
7. Order supplies for crash cart
8. Prescription refills; other duties in clinic, as needed
9. Coordinate work schedule with job share partner and management to ensure coverage needs are met each month
● Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
● Must have NC RN Licensure.
● BCLS;ACLS;RN NC LIC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One year of nuclear technology experience in a clinical setting preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Demonstrated excellent communication skills. Effectively interact with patients and their families, showing sensitivity to patients' physical and psychological needs. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to pinpoint area for nuclear test. Knowledge of nuclear equipment and testing. knowledge of safety hazards to nuclear testing, including equipment, body mechanics and patients movement.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NCHV - Clayton
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Clayton
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.