Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 26389
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
**Medical Assistants for this position are eligible for our Medical Assistant, Certified commitment incentive program ($5,000 paid over a 3-year commitment). Learn more here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-ma-commitment
UNC Physicians Network – Carolina Advanced Health is actively hiring dedicated, compassionate, and empathetic Care Partners for our outpatient clinic.
This is an interest requisition. If you’re a Medical Assistant, Certified / Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or a Physician Practice Nurse (RN) interested in joining us at
Carolina Advanced Health please submit your application for these positions. A recruiter will review all applications and connect with you directly if you are a fit for the position.
About UNC Health:
Working with UNC Health comes with numerous benefits – from state of NC retirement plans, tuition loan assistance, relocation assistance, paid time off accrual, wellness facilities and so much more.
Our employees also enjoy all that North Carolina has to offer, including mild winters, access to world-famous beaches and mountains, low cost of living, friendly people, and great food.
Become part of an inclusive organization with nearly 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
At UNC Health, we work hard to provide the highest-quality care to the people of North Carolina. Every day, our people make sure each patient stays at the center of everything we do. From Magnet recognition to being named one of America’s Best Employers, we’re proud to say that our hard work is constantly and consistently recognized, awarded and celebrated.
Join our One Great Team and explore all that UNC Health and North Carolina have to offer!
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
· Requires graduation from a state-accredited program of practical nurse education including a pharmacology course (or completion of an approved pharmacology course upon graduation) which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for the administration of medications required by the work setting.
· Licensed to practice as a Practical Nurse (LPN) in the applicable state (NC or VA).
· No prior experience required.
Medical Assistant, Certified:
· Requires high school diploma or GED.
· Completion of a Medical Assisting program accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) is strongly preferred but not required.
· Requires Medical Assistant certification by either the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Health Career Association (CCMA), National Association of Health Professionals (NRCMA), or National Center for Competency Testing (NCMA).
● Basic Life Support Certification from American Heart Association required.
· Prior medical assistant or medical assistant externship experience preferred.
Physician Practice Nurse (RN):
· Diploma, Associate Degree (ADN) or Bachelor’s Degree (BSN) from an accredited school of Nursing.
· Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina. BCLS.
· Previous experience in a physician’s office, urgent care, and emergency department preferred.
· Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Carolina Advanced Health
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.