Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 23753
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides prompt, accurate service in the sales recording at point-of-service operations within UNC Hospitals. The position has significant direct contact with the public including hospital employees, medical staff, university students and the general public such as visitors, friends and family of patients.
This position is responsible for the handling, balancing, and deposit of all funds, generated from providing UNC Healthcare services, complying with UNCHCS corporate policies, departmental policies, HIPAA and regulatory agency guidelines.
Job responsibilities may include:
1. Disbursing petty cash, parking coupons, phone cards, cash vouchers and patient valuables
2. Preparing annual inventory of unclaimed valuables and their subsequent submission to the State.
3. Preparing funds for bank deposit and making deposits
4. Processing payments, refunds, deposits, and check requests, and issuing receipts
5. Providing reconciliation of transactions completed, making sure all funds received balance with receipts issued
6. Recording transactions on appropriate account records, and ensuring that all information required by regulatory agencies and billing entities is properly recorded on all documents and is processed in accordance with UNCHCS protocols
***This is not a state job.
● High School diploma or GED
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience as a cashier or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Cashiering
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.