Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 23900
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position functions as a mid-level manager with responsibility for activities indirectly related to patient care. The employees may be responsible for a combination of duties to include operational planning and implementation, budgetary planning and management, regulatory compliance, process development, continuous quality improvement, staffing and supervision, space planning and resource management.
1. Compliance. Ensures procedures and policies comply with all regulatory requirements including JCAHO, accounting standards, OSHA, etc. Makes recommendations for changes.
2. Continuous Quality Improvement. Leads or participates in intra and/or inter-departmental quality improvement activities. Develops and implements process improvement plans.
3. Financial Management. Oversees major portions of the department's financial affairs such as purchasing, budget planning and preparation, charge processing.
4. Human Resources. Provides direction and oversight to subordinates, ensures staff is appropriately trained and complies with relevant regulations, policies and certifications, maintains employee performance and attendance records. Interviews and selects qualified employees and conducts performance evaluations in accordance with UNCHCS policies and procedures.
5. Logistical and resource management. Plans for necessary resources such as supplies, space and equipment to ensure their availability, oversees supply inventory, evaluates and recommends new equipment.
6. Operational Planning and Leadership. Sets operational goals and develops action plans for implementation in assigned areas. Leads interdepartmental meetings and acts as liaison with other departments and outside agencies.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of experience in human resources, budgeting, research, or administrative management.
● If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of experience in human resources, budgeting, research, or administrative management.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of experience in human resources, budgeting, research, or administrative management.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: FP UNC Fertility Clinic
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.