Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 23755
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinical Director for Eastowne is one of the key operational leaders for the Eastowne Medical Office Building that opened in March 2021. The Eastowne building is a new 6-story, 150,000 sq. ft. building with 15 outpatient clinics, and supporting services including radiology, diagnostic imaging, lab, and retail pharmacy. The Clinical Director will be responsible to implement strategic Eastowne priorities set forth by outpatient services leadership to implement a comprehensive patient centered care model. This Clinical Director will have direct oversight of clinical and building operations, in-partnership with a co-Clinical Director, and partner actively with Department of Medicine leaders to support multidisciplinary care model. The Director holds key leaders accountable for cost effectiveness/financial management, access to services, quality improvement initiatives, and provider/staff/patient satisfaction and fosters teamwork with operational areas.
1. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
2. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
3. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
In addition, for this role:
4. Financial Stewardship--Develops and submits budgetary requests on or before stated deadlines. Monitors and analyzes budgetary trends. Implements strategies to increase revenue/decrease costs and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply and equipment resources. Makes necessary adjustments to ensure goals are achieved and/or meet budget projections. Recognizes opportunities for increases in productivity, cost savings, and revenue generation. 5. Provides quality services that meet regulatory/accreditation requirements. Delivers safe, effective services. Analyzes sentinel events and errors and develops and implements strategies to address the conditions that contributed to these situations. Monitors unit(s) performance and ensures scores are showing improvement. Monitors quality of work product for work unit/sector. Maintains familiarity with applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation issues. Ensures work unit is in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation issues. Participates in activities designed to monitor and improve compliance.
● Bachelor’s degree in related field
● If a Registered Nurse: Requires licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor’s degree, Five (5) years of operations experience in a tertiary care setting, including three (3) years of experience in a supervisory position in a related field.
● If Master’s degree: Three (3) years of professional operations experience in a tertiary care setting with two (2) years in supervisory position in a related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Outpt Svcs Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.