Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 25880
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Issue and return materials and supplies from the stock inventory or for special purchase items. Also conduct miscellaneous operations related to material inventory control, such as making an annual inventory and providing a monthly update for inventory.
2. Maintains safe working environment. Ensures storeroom cleanliness.
3. Manage inventory levels. Purchase of materials and supplies for stock and non-stock use by department employees. Includes vendor and manufacturer contact, obtaining quotes for materials and supplies and determining delivery times.
4. Manages the storeroom operation and supervise the storeroom support staff. Ensures storeroom staff are trained in each phase of the work.
5. Provides a high level of customer service.
6. Supervises receipt, storage and transport of materials. Applies proper receiving, storage, QA and internal control processes. Ensures are transactions are documented as required into computerized purchasing and tracking software.
7. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
8. Maintains safe working environment.
9. Ensures vehicle cleanliness.
10. Provides a high level of customer service.
11. Schedule and track transport vehicles.
12. Implement and enforce transportation scheduling and policy changes for drivers.
13. Schedule drivers on various routes.
14. Schedule and record maintenance and repairs on vehicles.
15. Train new driver's on routes and delivery expectations.
16. Develop a strategy for decreasing vehicle cost (e.g., fuel costs, maintenance, etc.).
17. Create reports of driver's effectiveness.
18. Ensure drivers follow all NC DOT vehicle regulations and laws.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS High School diploma or GED
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS No licensure or certification required.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Three (3) years of experience in supply chain operations, including one (1) year of experience in a supervisory role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Lawson ERP system. The ideal candidate will possess:
• Ability to schedule a group of driver's
• Ability to analyze large sets of data and draw conclusions
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to hire and train new employees
• Knowledge of vehicles and fleet management software
• Knowledge of shipping items via LTL, FTL, courier service, and small parcel
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Shared Services Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.