Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 22263
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs standard and complex electroneurodiagnostic tests in the Clinical Neurophysiology Lab and polysomnographic testing on patients in the Sleep Disorders Lab. Work may be performed in a lab, clinic, patient bedside, or in the operating room.
1. May provide instruction and guidance to other technologists in the Neurodiagnostic and/or Sleep Disorders Lab.
2. Performs diagnostic patient testing electroencephalogram (EEG), electromyography (EMG), nerve conduction velocities (NCV), sensory evoked potentials (EP), and polysomnographic testing with possible oxygen therapy and continuous positive air pressure treatments (CPAP).
3. Performs room and equipment set-up and placement in hospital rooms, operating rooms, or clinics. Calibrates and maintains equipment.
4. Reads and scores neurodiagnostic and/or polysomnographic tests.
5. Takes patient histories. Provides instruction to patients and families regarding test preparation, pre-test interviews, and follow-up appointments.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Sleep Disorders Program
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.