Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 15119
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve. This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Provides a high level of technical support (development, testing, integration and implementation) of applications and interfaces which deliver IT tools and support business functions across the health system. Performs project management, requirements definitions, systems design, analysis, code development, problem resolution, and vendor coordination.
Provides leadership and mentoring of more junior-level developers. You should have experience leading web development projects from beginning to completion, including working with customers, gathering requirements, designing, implementing, and testing web applications, and supporting the final product.
As a full-stack Java/web developer, your job duties will be to develop, program, test, troubleshoot, debug, and maintain custom enterprise web applications. You will work with a small team of software developers and business analysts, using the Java and Groovy programming languages, to design and build business applications and deploy software into company networks and computers. You will participate in the full software development lifecycle. Strong communications and basic project management skills are required. You should have experience developing Java-based server software or web services. Furthermore, you should have experience designing and implementing web-based user interfaces with a focus on attractive design and usability.
The ideal candidate will have in depth working knowledge with the following technologies:
1. Develops project plans, prepares estimates of labor hours, tracks tasks and project status, prepares reports. Audits the progress of less experienced staff. Ensures deadlines and quality standards are met.
2. Leads activities as a technical expert in highly specialized areas of applications development. Provides leadership and direction to project team and technical team with regards to computer application or database management systems implementation, design, analysis, programming and support. Responsible for system design.
3. Leads the formulation, definition, and detail development of application system scope and objectives. Performs hands on technical assignments, which include coding development, problem resolution, and design within project.
4. Provides database system design and engineering support to application development staff including table design, performance optimization, adaptability engineering, and application troubleshooting.
5. Provides direction to project team and technical team involved with computer database management systems implementation, design, and support. Coordinates activities of other technical staff and leads development for complex systems design and problems.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Eight (8) years of progressive experience in computer programming and applications analysis.
● If an Associate's degree: Twelve (12) years of progressive experience in computer programming and applications analysis.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Sixteen (16) years of progressive experience in computer programming and applications analysis.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Business and Revenue Cycle
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.