Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 26869
Location: Asheville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physician Group Practices
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides supervision of the day to day operations in the Radiology areas. Provides supervision for the lead and staff radiologic technologists within the radiology clinical areas. Description of
1. Adopt and assist in the CQI process within the department and section, as well as those that cross into other departments within the Health Care System.
2. Assist in the budget process including, but not limited to, capital equipment, minor equipment, estimated procedure volumes, and updating and creating new department procedure charges. Establish and modify supply inventory in response to changes in long and short-term business trends.
3. Develop and update department and section policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines. Maintain equipment according to all regulatory and institutional directives.
4. Maintain clinical competency within his/her discipline. Maintains PACS and RIS super-user status.
5. Manage direct reports though regular staff meetings, yearly performance evaluations, counseling employees in issues related to professional growth and behavior. Interview potential employees and make hiring decisions. Manage personnel records manage schedules including work, call, vacation, and holiday, manage time and attendance.
6. Review patient scheduling, participate in supervisor and staff meetings, maintain an open dialog with Radiologists and Department Administration.
Associate's degree or completion of an accredited Radiologic Sciences Program. Licensure/Certification Requirements: Must be ARRT certified or equivalent. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually. Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification.
Legal Employer: GP2
Entity: UNC Physician Group Practices
Organization Unit: Carolina Spine & Neurosurg Ctr
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Asheville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.