Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 27046
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 providers by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinical Dietitian works closely with the multidisciplinary healthcare team to coordinate evidence based medical nutrition therapy that is integrated and compatible with the patient focused medical goals. Primary responsibilities include application of the Nutrition Care Process (NCP), through nutrition/malnutrition assessment, nutrition diagnosis, interventions, monitoring and evaluating of the patient's progress. The Clinical Dietitian uses practice-specific dietetics as available and evidence based practice protocols/nutrition practice guidelines to help determine nutrition intervention. The Clinical Dietitian performs business functions, such as management of resources in a cost-effective manner, and participates in compliance and quality performance improvement efforts to ensure that nutrition care is safe and effective. The Clinical Dietitian also may be involved in community-based nutrition programs and maintains professional competency and skills required for professional practice. The Clinical Dietitian precepts interns, supports and trains clinical dietitians in the core behaviors and responsibilities of the department and organization.
This positon will support Orange Family Medical Group and UNC Family Medicine at Hillsborough.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self, and others.
2. Maintains compliance with established UNC policies and procedures.
3. Provides nutritional and behavioral education to patients with chronic conditions, such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and obesity. Utilizes motivational interviewing skills to provide nutrition counseling, identify barriers, and work with the patient to establish mutually agreeable self-management goals.
4. Maintains current knowledge and skills, and practices to the full scope of licensure of a Registered Dietitian.
5. Participates in QI initiatives. Works collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team to manage populations, improve patient accountability and outcomes.
6. Achieves established productivity targets for billed nutrition visits.
7. Maintains compliance with governmental and private insurance billing and reimbursement guidelines.
8. Participates in the training of clinical nutrition intern students by acting as preceptor throughout the year as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree required from a US regionally accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
● Completion of a Coordinated Program in Dietetics or Dietetic Internship accredited by ACEND (Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics) of no less than 900 hours (1200 hours for graduates of programs beginning 2012)
● Registered Dietitian (RD) by The Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR)
● Licensed as a Dietitian/Nutritionist (LDN) by the North Carolina Board of Dietetics and Nutrition. (Certain positions may allow licensure to be obtained within one (1) month from date of hire).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required except for specific positions.
● UNCMC Cardiac Rehab: Two(2) years as a clinical dietitian in a cardiac rehabilitation program or outpatient cardiology clinic.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● • Knowledge of the Nutrition Care Process and ability to apply all steps of the process.
• Knowledge and application of medical nutrition therapy.
• Understands and can implement Motivational Interviewing
• Critical thinking to integrate facts, informed opinion, active listening, and observations.
• Decision making, problem solving, and collaboration.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to patients, public, hospital and medical staff, and physicians.
• Ability to function independently on assigned patient care units.
• Ability to counsel and educate others.
• General knowledge of nutrient analysis, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: Pop Health-UNCPN Care Mgmt
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.