Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 27365
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UNC Medical Center's Comprehensive Stroke Program is committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive stroke care to the people of North Carolina. Our goal is to advance health research and to provide community service through stroke education and prevention. Our academic mission is to train the next generation of stroke specialists. Learn more about the program at: http://www.uncstroke.org
Responsible for a departmental or organizational wide clinical program. Examples may include, but are not limited to program management that crosses major nursing divisions house-wide such as policy & procedures, nursing staffing systems, CQI, care coordination. Ensures high quality program services to a specified population across multiple settings. Program emphasis includes outcomes analysis, provider and staff education, and community outreach.
1. Accreditation Issues - Ensures that internal and external regulatory standards or nursing practice are met or exceeded. This includes organizational policy and procedures as well as state, JCAHO, Board of Nursing and other specified accrediting bodies. Standards of practice will reflect integration of current scientific evidence.
2. Budget Management - Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary program goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
3. Customer Satisfaction - Ensures high customer satisfaction. Communicates patient satisfaction results, letters and comments to staff and leads monthly initiatives to improve consumer satisfaction with care and services. Advocates for consumers within the organization, in particular for vulnerable or at risk populations.
4. Education ? Creates an educational environment conducive to student learning, provider and staff continuing education, and orientation of new staff members. Accountable for annual competency evaluation of staff that ensures staff have the knowledge and skills to care for the specified population.
5. Human Resource Management - Effectively manages human resources. Creates an environment conducive to recruiting and retaining staff. Applies organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Integrates scientific evidence regarding retention of nursing staff into unit planning.
6. Planning ? Develops strategic plan, goals, marketing and annual evaluation for clinical program
7. Quality Improvement - Leads and participates in quality improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care deficits.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of professional nursing experience in a tertiary care and one (1) year of management experience in specialty area.
● Each year of accredited residency may substitute for two (2) years of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Surgery Inpatient Management
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.