Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 27063
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Central Processing Department seeks a Central Sterile Technician Per Diem to join their fast pace department at UNC Ambulatory Care Center. Ambulatory Surgical Center is located on the 1st floor of the Ambulatory Care Center (ACC) building off of Mason Farm Road, the Ambulatory Surgery Center specializes in Outpatient Procedures and is comprised of 6 Operating Rooms, 2 Procedure Rooms, and a 10 bed Short Stay Unit. Annually we preform approximately 6,000 procedures primarily in the Orthopedic sports medicine, ENT, and General surgery specialties.
This is a Per Diem/ at-will position requiring the ability to work a minimum of 10 hour a week. Must be able to complete required hospital orientation (Monday through Friday, 7:30am-5:00pm)
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Processes and issues routine and specialized medical/surgical supplies and instruments used in the care and treatment of patients. Cleans, sterilizes, and packages medical and surgical instrument trays and inventories.
1. Assembles baskets of instruments, basin sets and equipment using appropriate check lists and prepares for sterilization.
2. Assembles sets of supplies and instruments used in a variety of clinical settings. Checks for cleanliness and functionality (i.e. sharpness of scissors, smooth movement of hinged instruments, etc.)
3. Decontaminates, disinfects and thoroughly cleans supplies, instruments and equipment used in a variety of procedures.
4. Distributes instruments, equipment and supplies to appropriate location.
5. Monitors and maintains adequate levels of supplies, instruments and equipment.
6. Monitors equipment for malfunctions. Makes minor repairs. Notifies appropriate staff of need for more major repairs.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Nine (9) months of experience relevant to the processing or inventorying of medical surgical supplies.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Central Processing Department
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 10.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.