Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 22166
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Oversees and manages all aspects of the nursing operations at UNC Rex Health Care.
1. Provides leadership and direction in the development of Patient Care Services goals, objectives, and a plan for provision of care, which ensures continuous and timely availability of nursing services to patients and integrates and supports the goals and objectives of Rex Healthcare. Participates in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating corporate goals, which reflect the mission, vision, and strategic plan of Rex Healthcare. Ensures provision of safe patient care by maintaining adequate numbers of competent staff.
2. Directs the development of policies and procedures regarding nursing standards of care and standards of nursing practice consistent with current nursing research and nationally recognized professional standards throughout the organization. Coordinates development, implementation and evaluation of programs, policies, procedures and systems in conjunction with department heads, especially those which address how patient needs are assessed, planned, provided, and evaluated.
3. Provides direction for the delivery of efficient, economic, quality patient care consistent with current nursing research findings based on established national, professional and organizational standards. Implements an effective program for the ongoing evaluation of patient care outcomes and integration of nursing and patient care performance improvement to include measurement, assessment, and improvement.
4. Collaborates with the organizational governing boards, clinical and managerial leaders, and medical staff in developing, implementing, reviewing, revising, and monitoring organization-wide performance improvement activities. Provides direction for integrating Patient Care Services over the continuum of care. Promotes multi-disciplinary collaboration in the provision of patient care.
5. Promotes effective open communications and cooperative working relationships with Rex Medical Staff and with all levels of staff within the Rex Healthcare organization. Fosters an environment, which promotes professional growth and staff development through effective leadership and role modeling.
6. Develops and administers budgets within the Patient Care Service; monitors budget to ensure compliance making adjustments as indicated.
7. Maintains knowledge of contemporary trends in healthcare, in the provision of patient care and in hospital administration through professional affiliations and continuing education. Advises President of problems identified related to departmental/hospital operations; submits recommendations for policy/procedures/system revisions which provide for problem resolution through more efficient, safe operations. Participates in Executive Staff and other meetings and on hospital committees as appropriate. Represents Rex Healthcare with active participation in professional and community organizations. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics. Participates in performance improvement and quality improvement activities. Recognizes, supports, and utilizes evidence based nursing practices.
● Requires Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires 10-12 years of progressively responsible experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Solves complex problems that may have a long-term impact on the business function/line of business. Develops innovative ideas and solutions with significance to the organization’s future. Identifies problem areas and skill gaps proactively and addresses them appropriately. Excellent project management and change management skills for designing and implementing Entity, Triangle, or System initiatives in a complex environment.
Search Partnership with Kirby Bates Associates. To express interest in this position please send CV and letter of interest to:
Senior Executive Recruiter
Senior Vice President Search Services
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex VP Patient Care Svcs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.