Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 27431
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Responsible for development and supervision of the Care Management Program, including hiring and training of qualified staff of Care/Case Managers, Registered Dietitians, Care Coordinators, and other clinical staff. Works in collaboration with multiple departments to develop policies and procedures, efficient workflows, documentation standards, metrics, and reporting.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Provides management and supervision of centralized and embedded care management programs. Responsible for recruiting, training, and retention of qualified multidisciplinary team. Establishes efficient workflows, policies and procedures , and documentation standards. Implements evidence based guidelines for effective care management, including patient outreach, education, care transitions, and appropriate referrals to promote care plan adherence and transition to self-management.
3. Establishes a multidisciplinary care team model which encourages active participation from all members.
4. Responsible for implementing quality programs based on Lean Methodology and Hoshin planning to achieve or exceed agreed upon organizational goals to include improved patient outcomes and reduction in utilization of health care resources.
5. Actively participates in UNC HCS committees related to high quality/low cost health care, internal and external provider relationships, and value-based contracts.
6. Responsible for maintaining current skills through self-development and relevant education. Identifies trends and responds proactively to changes in the health care market place.
7. Maintains compliance with governmental and regulatory agencies.
8. TCM weekend coverage
9. Evaluate unplanned readmissions
10. Review data analytics and reporting
11. Monitoring and planning
● Requires BSN, MSW, or related health care licensure and experience
● Appropriate licensure
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires three years management experience leading multidisciplinary teams, previous care management, and clinical management experience. Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. IT Skills: Ability to develop reports and spreadsheets, analyze data and monitor trends. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Pop Health Clinical Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.