Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 26780
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Plans, develops, and coordinates the preparation of budgets, financial statements, statistical reports, cost analyses, and other financial information. Takes on complex and specialized assignments. Performs lead role in coordinating multifaceted projects.
1. Analyzes and evaluates departmental budget requests to prepare budgetary documents, reports, and recommendations.
2. Compiles budgetary and fiscal data received from assigned departments.
3. Presents fiscal data of assigned departments at budget reviews
4. Monitors and analyzes budget expenditures and prepares reports and analyses on trends.
5. Assists in the development, implementation, and management of financial systems, and/or financial policies and procedures.
6. Develops complex financial reports and analyses for senior management
7. Presents reports to senior management or committees. Prepares complex charts and diagrams showing prior, current, and projected expenditures to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
8. Maintain communication with assigned department managers and administrative staff in the preparation and analysis of complex financial reports, to provide information and resolve complex problems concerning variances from the approved budget.
9. Provide technical support to assigned departments regarding budgeting systems and procedures.
10. Utilizes various computer financial information systems in the preparation of analysis, evaluation, and reports relating to assigned areas. Recommends operational procedures and ways to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Six (6) years of experience in public accounting or management of an operational unit.
● If an Associate's degree: Ten (10) years of experience in public accounting or management of an operational unit.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Fourteen (14) years of experience in public accounting or management of an operational unit.
● If a Master's degree: Two (2) years of experience in public accounting or management of an operational unit.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Research, retrieve and organize data to prepare reports and financial documentation, analyze and audit data.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Financial Planning
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.