Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 27686
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Telehealth Patient Care Coordinator II serves in the lead role for the Virtual Patient Support program. The Telehealth Patient Coordinator II supervises Care Access Specialist positions and the Telehealth Patient Care Technician Coordinator positions. Additionally, the Coordinator II fulfills a staffing role as the first point of contact for the patient community and is a key position for successful patient virtual care. The Coordinator II provides technical & visit preparation support to patients in a virtual care
setting. This role assists patients to ensure they are prepared for their virtual visit with guidance on navigating through My UNC Chart and technical support for video and phone connection.
1. Ensures excellent customer service by consistently demonstrating a caring, positive, professional, and helpful disposition with all customer relations. Meets call quality standards.
2. Works with clinic and or work queue to schedule patient support calls prior to video visit.
3. Assists with My UNC Chart set up and patients’ navigation as needed.
4. Guides patients through process expected on day of virtual visit.
5. Tests audio, video connection, network bandwidth connection with patients.
6. Advises patients on best conditions to perform video visit; recommends telephone or in-person visit if requirements for successful video visit are not met.
7. Provides overview of patient guidelines for video visits.
8. Provides on-demand technology support & trouble shooting for patients when needed.
9. Ensures and verifies key patient information (insurance verification, patient and guarantor demographics, etc.) is current and accurate to ensure patient safety, charging, coding, insurance processing, and billing accuracy.
10. Tracks and documents patient support sessions.
11. Enhances co-worker satisfaction by being self-motivated, a positive communicator, team player, and a willing and approachable resource to other co-workers.
12. Embraces continuous improvement.
13. Communicates cancellations to clinic as necessary.
14. Serves as subject matter expert and/or resource for departmental business unit, may include: Answering questions related to business unit; Resolving issues or complaints; escalating issues to management that cannot be resolved by the team; Recommending suggestions for improvement.
15. Serves as communications point of contact, may include: Participating in scheduled staff meetings and/or huddles; providing management with status updates regarding team activities; disseminating information to team.
16. Serves as point of contact for scheduling/triaging, may include: Remaining aware of team requests for time off to assure appropriate coverage at all times; Developing coverage plan, notifying staff involved when team members are out; Triaging assignments to staff based on coverage needs or complexity of tasks which may require assessment of individual skill level to perform tasks.
17. Interviews and orients new employees, may include: Attending Hiring for Excellence (HFE) training; Participating in candidate interviews and hiring decisions using HFE processes; Creating schedule and acting as preceptor for orientation of new employee; Tracks orientation progress and amends schedule as needed; Trains other medical assistants in routine clinic procedures; Provides verbal and written feedback on trainee’s progress.
18 Provides leadership for Virtual Patient Support Program policies, procedures, training, and education to include: Being fully knowledgeable of policies and able to educate others on necessary changes in practice; Contribute to development of policies and procedures; Acting as a role model and advocate for compliance with policies and procedures; Assessing staff training needs and working with supervisor on training and development programs; Assisting with development and dissemination of information, education, and outreach materials to supporting training and development efforts; Tracking training progression and relaying training needs to supervisor; Scheduling training sessions; Updating LMS classes as applicable. 6. Serves as supervisor to maintain patient support group flow. In conjunction with manager, coordinates the schedules and daily assignments of other staff.
● Requires Bachelor's degree. Master's degree preferred.
● Clinical licensure required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Possess at least one year of full-time experience in a clinical setting
● Supervisory experience preferred but not required
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
● Demonstrated ability to engage positively with patients and families and to work as a team with staff and providers.
● Ability to use a computer to document required information into the electronic medical record.
● Ability to use computer to document required information in excel.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Virtual Care Center - Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US: NC: Chapel Hill
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.