Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 24248
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position qualifies for a $15,000 commitment incentive, paid in six (6) installments over a three (3) year commitment. Payment is made after each six (6) month period of work completed. Learn more here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-rex-unc-medical-center-sonographer-incentive-program
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Department of Medicine seeks a full time cardiac sonographer to work primarily at our Panther Creek location, but also at our Eastowne office. Join a dynamic and collaborative practice to include internal medicine, cardiology and other specialties. Vascular certification a plus.
Summary: Employs radiologic sciences technology to perform a variety of patient care, technical, and diagnostic tasks targeted to the care of patients with cardiovascular disease. Major tasks include ultrasound imaging, patient preparation and post procedure care, procedure room set-up and cleaning, and quality monitoring
1. Demonstrates competence in delivering pre-procedure and post-procedure patient care including, but not limited to patient assessment pre- and post-procedure care and, emergency cardiac care (CPR is required). Additionally, assistance with post-procedure transport may be required.
2. Ensures equipment is calibrated and properly maintained on a daily basis. Performs and records all equipment maintenance and quality assurance monitoring. Troubleshoots and identifies any equipment problems and reports to appropriate supervisor.
3. Generates ultrasound images of the heart and/or vascular related structures.
4. May perform staff training and education.
5. Monitors and records patient information and maintains report storage and data systems. Compiles and enters data necessary for charge entry and prepares reports. Also responsible for retrieval of stored information and reports from the automated storage system.
6. Prepares procedure room and equipment for daily use and is responsible for timely and efficient room preparation between procedures.
● Associate’s degree in Sonography, Radiology or a related field within 3 months of hire, OR
● Completion of a twelve (12) month ultrasound program within 3 months of hire.
● Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: UNCFP DOM PantherCreek Payroll
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Cary
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.