Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 26013
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Oncology Return Access – Adult Oncology Clinics – NC Cancer Hospital
Scheduled Work Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (M-F Days)
Under general supervision of the Oncology Return Access Supervisor, the return scheduling team coordinates and oversees complex scheduling, maintains daily reports, participates in projects and operation support, assist with development of departmental and program standards, provides professional assistance to physicians, nursing, clinics, and management staff and also providing guidance and making suggestions regarding daily operations. Provide training support for current and new hires.
Scheduled work hours are Monday through Friday 08:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with flexibility to work as early as 7:30 a.m. and as late as 6:00 p.m. as needed.
• Completing the check-out process for all patients
• Maintaining a daily End of Day report for assigned disease group
• Maintaining No Show, Cancel Visit, and Reschedule report as outlined in the departments guidelines
• Cross-training and cross coverage with other disease groups as needed
• Complex coordination of appointments for patients
• Scheduling from internal requests
• Maintaining workqueue scheduling requests for assigned disease group.
• Answering incoming calls and returning calls from voicemail
• Participating in department quality improvement activities
• Attending daily morning huddle and monthly staff meetings
• Assist in maintaining employee timecards
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of clerical or administrative experience.
● If Bachelor's degree, one (1) year of clerical or administrative experience.
● If Associate's degree, two (2) years of clerical or administrative experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Oncology Return Patient Access
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.