Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 27605
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Coordinates the assignment of patients from multiple entry points. Facilitates the flow of information among hospital staff and provides to ensure the proper placement of patients based on their needs and hospital census.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Utilizes EPIC system to maintain a record of available beds and service line assignment post operatively.
3. Independently assigns accommodations on service line unit. Consults with Administrative Coordinator/CM as needed.
4. Based on information received, communicates patient type, accommodation code, Service Line for direct admissions.
5. Directly communicates with physicians and office staff to give room assignment and time patients' can arrive.
6. Completes in-house transfer of patients as level of care changes. Consults with Administrative Coordinator/CM as needed.
7. Completes transfer of patients from other facilities in coordination with Transfer Center.
8. Works collaboratively with the requesting service area, receiving unit, Administrative Coordinator, Environmental Services and others to place patient in a timely manner.
9. Notifies appropriate department of admissions per procedure.
10. Communicates with patients to verify admission date and time.
11. Communicates with affected departments regarding changes in admission data.
12. Maintains the file of scheduled admissions.
13. Effectively utilizes multiple computer and phone systems to facilitate timely communication.
● High School diploma or GED
Licensure/Certification Requirements: n/a
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Bed Placement
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.