Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 27330
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position qualifies for a $5,000 commitment incentive, paid in six (6) installments over a three (3) year commitment. Payment is made after each six (6) month period of work completed. Learn more here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-medical-center-unc-faculty-physicians-outpatient-commitment-incentive-program
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Summary: This is entry level work obtaining routine and basic history information and performing standardized ophthalmic tests according to physician orders. Work is performed under the direction and supervision of an Ophthalmologist. Assignments are recurring and typically repetitive task with little to no variety and some intricacy. Clinic policies and procedures are well established and followed.
1. Clinic Flow - Monitors clinic flow to ensure patients and physicians are in the proper areas. Rooms patients for the physician, opens Electronic Record, reviews data prior to physician examination to ensure completeness and accuracy. Opens imaging system and ensures all test results are available to be viewed by the physician.
2. Assistance - Scribes physician notes on patient examination at physician's direction using electronic medical record format. Review and update medication list and allergies if appropriate. Provides patient with appropriate educational materials and answers questions. Administers topical medications as ordered by the physician. Instructs the patient in the use of self testing tools and records test results.
3. Procedure Set Up - Sets up for Lasers, and minor surgical procedures, using sterile technique where applicable.
4. Equipment Maintenance - Cleans and stocks exam rooms and ancillary testing rooms when needed. Maintains calibration of ophthalmic instruments and reports malfunctioning equipment to facilities manager for prompt repair.
5. Patient Exam - Performs entry level exam components such as : visual acuity, visual fields, intra-ocular pressure with Tonopen, automated keratometry, auto-lensometry and auto-refraction under the direct supervision of the ophthalmologist.
6. Triage - May function in a triage capacity, respond to patient phone calls, schedule emergent appointments, enter medication refill requests, and assist with completion of patient forms including but not limited to DMV forms and FMLA documentation.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: UNC Eye Carolina Crossing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.