Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 28138
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Chatham Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Consults with, monitors, and performs tests on patients undergoing cardiovascular procedures.
1. Demonstrates competence in delivering pre-procedure and post-procedure patient care including, but not limited to patient assessment pre- and post-procedure care and, emergency cardiac care (CPR is required). Additionally, assistance with post-procedure transport may be required.
2. Ensures equipment is calibrated and properly maintained on a daily basis. Performs and records all equipment maintenance and quality assurance monitoring. Troubleshoots and identifies any equipment problems and reports to appropriate supervisor or biomedical engineering.
3. Generates ultrasound images of the heart and/or vascular related structures. Performs advanced cardiac ultrasound studies in care of patients with complex conditions and regularly performs multiple study types with varied anatomical areas.
4. Performs vascular studies and real time readings/reports in the operating room for invasive and non-invasive vascular procedures.
5. Performs studies for inpatient neonatal/NICU and pediatric patients. 6. May perform staff training and education. Serves as a subject matter expert and resource to Cardiovascular Sonographers.
7. Monitors and records patient information and maintains report storage and data systems. Compiles and enters data necessary for charge entry and prepares reports. Also responsible for retrieval of stored information and reports from the automated storage system.
8. Prepares procedure room and equipment for daily use and is responsible for timely and efficient room preparation between procedures.
9. Independently responds to on-call needs for emergent procedures.
Associate’s degree in Sonography, Radiology or a related field within 3 months of hire, OR Completion of a twelve (12) month ultrasound program within 3 months of hire. Licensure/Certification Requirements Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI),or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually. Professional Experience Requirements One year minimum experience in acute hospital setting. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements Specific competencies required by entity.
● Associate's degree (A. A.) or graduation from a cardiovascular related program required.
● RCIS, RRT, or RDCS required. ACLS. ARRT , RESP CARE preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● At least one year experience in invasive procedures or 2 years relevant healthcare experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Cardiopulmonary
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 6.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.