Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 28113
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Works in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team to assess the needs of the resident within the Skilled Nursing Facility
1. Coordinates the assessment of patients condition using Minimum Data Set, including biophysical, psychosocial and age specific needs.
2. Attends Interdisciplinary team meetings and other meetings in order to gather information, communicate changes and maintain and update records.
3. Coordinates and collaborates with other health care team members to develop an interdisciplinary and individualized plan of care.
4. Coordinates care plan conferences with the interdisciplinary team, residents and families.
5. Evaluates patients status, nursing instructions, appropriateness of the nursing plan of care, and outcomes of the care provided.
6. Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Physician and/or hospital procedure, including patient and family instruction, as well as discharge planning.
7. Participates in resident/patient and family education.
8. Coordinates the electronic submission of required documents to the state database and other entities per company policy and state/fedral regulations.
9. Maintains tracking system of MDS schedules.
10. Maintains the frequent and accurate data entry of resident information into appropriate computerized MDS programs.
11. Continually updates knowledge base related to data entry and computer technology.
12. Ensures that all supporting documentation (i.e. ICD 9 codes, orders, etc.) is complete and accurate.
13. Documents patients status, according to unit specific procedure.
14. Demonstrates clinical expertise in assessing patient / resident needs, potential problems and implementation of appropriate solutions in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
15. Participates in unit performance improvement activities.
16. Serves as a backup for Admission Coordinator in his/her absence to ensure ongoing assessments and screening on referrals for admissions.
● Requires an Associate's (A.A.) or Bachelor's degree (BSN) from an accredited school of Nursing.
● BCLS, NC RN License
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years long term care experience plus one year of MDS experience. Requires a working understanding of managed care and Medicare/Medicaid payment systems and their impact on skilled nursing facilities.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: MNC NSG Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.