Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 25798
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
This position evaluates regulatory and insurance criteria for skilled services, coordinates care by collaborating with liaisons, case mangers, providers and respective agencies that will service the patient. Overall the department coordinates over 1200 referrals per month on average.
40 hours include Monday through Friday and weekend commitment of one every fourth (4th) weekend.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Will triage patients to the appropriate post acute services provider. Will be knowledgeable of regulatory requirements which will impact eligibility for Post Acute Services. Under the guidance of an RN, coordinates and communicates clinical services ordered by the physician. Communicates changes in discharge planning to the appropriate agency.
1. Will triage patients to the appropriate post acute services provider. Will be knowledgeable of regulatory requirements which will impact eligibility for Post Acute Services. Under the guidance of an RN, coordinates and communicates clinical services ordered by the physician. Communicates changes in discharge planning to the appropriate agency.
2. Enters accurate and complete referral information into the EMR to expedite referral process.
3. Under the guidance of an RN, processes supplemental orders and patient reports for existing clients.
4. Uses effective communication skills to facilitate effective team operations including taking phone messages and triaging and relaying verbal and written information.
5. Refers patient concerns to appropriate discipline or to community liaison coordinator
6. Under the direction of the RN Senior Patient Planning Specialist or Team Leader assists with coordination of home visit schedules and assignment of admissions for team members.
7. Verifies, secures, and monitors authorization for payment information regarding patients who have been referred for services.
● Graduate of a licensed school of practical nursing.
● BCLS , LPN NC LIC , NCDL
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience accepted. Working understanding of managed care and prospective payment systems and their impact on the delivery of home health is required. Excellent Customer Service skills is also a requirement.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, physicians, and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs. REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. COMPUTER SKILLS- Microsoft WORD and EXCEL
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNCHCS HomeCare Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.