Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 26872
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position functions as a mid-level manager with daily operational responsibilities for all aspects of Financial Counseling including staff oversight and daily operational processes to include financial assistance and Medicaid eligibility screening, insurance premium, copayment, and grant fund assistance, patient estimates, patient liability upfront collections, payment plans, collection of outstanding patient liability, and patient billing statement inquiries.
These activities are for all Shared Service entities within UNC Health Care System, including UNC Hospitals (acute, rehab, psych) which is an academic facility, UNC Rex (community based hospital), UNC Caldwell (community based hospital), UNC Chatham (critical access hospital), managed hospitals, and multiple UNCPN and UNC Rex Physician groups.
Additionally, the Supervisor is responsible for ensuring processes are conducted efficiently and in a high quality manner to meet financial goals and adhere to compliant billing and collections regulations.
● Bachelor's degree in a related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's Degree: Two (2) years of relevant experience and one (1) year of supervisory experience.
● If an Associate's Degree: Three (3) years of relevant experience and one (1) year of supervisory experience.
● If a High School Diploma or GED: Seven (7) years of relevant experience and one (1) year of supervisory experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
· Strong customer service skills/experience
· Proficient in time management with superior prioritization skills.
· Must be self-motivated and detail oriented with strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
· Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to professionally present information.
· Understanding of overall hospital revenue cycle functions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Financial Counseling
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.