Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 28901
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is eligible to work from home in the following states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
The Solutions Architect is a top-level information technology subject matter expert who will be responsible for providing expert advice on solution/application design, development, implementation, optimization and support of business solutions using various technologies.
1. Conducts and documents architectural and engineering review of proposed IT investments/solutions to determine the strategic alignment, satisfaction of business requirements, and technical soundness.
2. Provides innovative technical recommendations to management to inform decisions for proposed IT investments/solutions.
3. Provides expert advice on application solutions including assisting with planning and architectural design, development, and resolution of technical issues.
4. Serves as a top-level information technology subject matter expert and provides technical leadership to project teams, communicating clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
5. Analyzes current and future business requirements for IT solutions, documenting gaps and opportunities using written, graphical and quantitative techniques. Supports risk identification and mitigation process and provides issue management recommendations as required. Independently performs proof of concepts, analysis of alternatives, and brief results to management.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Network Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.