Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 29351
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve. UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 providers by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Care Coordinator provides administrative support for the centralized care management unit. Monitors incoming requests for services, and routes appropriately based on established guidelines. Assists with patient outreach, care coordination services, and navigation of the health care system.
1. Provides administrative support for the centralized care management unit.
2. Monitors and processes incoming requests for care management services in compliance with established guidelines.
3. Utilizes population management data and resources to identify at risk patients and facilitate appropriate support and resources.
4. Provides patient outreach, implements appropriate evidence based guidelines, monitors care plan compliance and removes barriers to success.
5. Facilitates patient engagement with their medical home, assists with access to and navigation of the health care system.
6. Appropriately documents interventions in the patient's electronic medical record.
7. Participates in care team meetings, performance improvement and patient satisfaction initiatives. Reports issues and system barriers to efficient and effective care management.
8. Maintains compliance with organizational polices, procedures and evidence based guidelines.
● High school diploma or GED required. Prefer candidates who are a Credentialed Medical Assistant or who possess Bachelor's Degree in a health related field.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of twelve months of health care experience, preferably in an ambulatory or acute care setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Pop Health Clinical Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.