Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 28037
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinic Manager I is responsible for all budget, purchasing, personnel, compliance and facilities planning and administrative functions at the clinical practice level. Incumbents directly or indirectly supervise the non-medical employees in the assigned clinic, and share in the supervision of the nursing staff.
1. Compliance Ensures program(s) are prepared for inspections and site visits, ensures that accreditation and compliance are maintained. Ensures corrective action is taken when deficiencies are found.
2. Continuous Quality Improvement Conducts ongoing evaluation program evaluation to ensure outcomes (fiscal, strategic and service) are met. Analyzes processes and develops educational programs or modifies practice to improve processes and service
3. Facility Management Ensures proper maintenance and improvements to facilities, ensures safety and cleanliness standards are met. Negotiates and manages leases.
4. Fiscal Develops budgets, monitors expenses and analyzes monthly budget indicators. Controls overhead and maximizes revenue generation. May evaluate billing, coding, or other related processes.
5. Personnel Management Recruits, hires, trains and supervises/manages non-medical personnel such as technical, secretarial and nursing staff. Handles corrective actions. May supervise clinic research staff.
6. Planning In collaboration with nursing and medical leadership, develops and plans comprehensive programs and develops strategic plans. Plans for maximum utilization of resources, e.g., space, providers, personnel and equipment. Conducts needs assessments.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Nursing, Economics, Health Administration or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of experience in a health care setting, including one (1) year of experience in a supervisory role.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of experience in a health care setting, including one (1) year of experience in a supervisory role.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years work experience in a health care setting, including one (1) year of supervisory experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH-Oral Medicine
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.