Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 28601
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Practice Manager IV is responsible for the management of four physician practice locations and/or with (combined) 10+ providers. This role is responsible for managing all functions of the assigned physician practices operated by UNC Health Care, including organization and planning of the services provided by the practice. The Practice Manager IV coordinates the smooth operation of the day-to-day activities, provides leadership, makes decisions, sets goals, and assures that quality, performance and production standards are maintained. The Practice Manager IV is responsible for implementation of comprehensive programs to ensure delivery and management of efficient and financially responsible delivery of quality health care in the physician office setting.
1. Ensures compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
2. Responsible for hiring, training, developing, and evaluating employee performance.
3. Provides supervision and direction for all practice staff. Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work flow. Serves as a resource for decision making and problem solving, and as a liaison between physicians, managment, and other departments.
4. Participates in budgetary planning, implementation, and monitoring of all financial aspects of the physician office practice. Responsible for patient scheduling and throughput, physician and staff productivity and maintenance of adequate staffing, equipment, and supplies.
5. Responsible for compliance with billing and accounting procedures, revenue cycle and financial audit requirements.
6. Identifies trends and develops a plan of action to address customer, employee, and physician satisfaction issues. Participates on teams to achieve desired results.
7. Responsible for resolution of facility management, equipment, and safety issues.
8. Ensures compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Coordinates ongoing unit based performance improvement activities.
9. Demonstates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Demonstrates leadership in communication and team work.
● Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline. Six (6) years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in a physician office or outpatient setting. Three (3) years of supervisory experience in healthcare setting.
● If an Associates’ degree: Must be in an appropriate discipline, and must obtain Bachelor’s within two years of hire. Ten (10) years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in a physician office or outpatient setting. Three (3) years of supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients and employees, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Spread sheet skills strongly preferred. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NC Surgery-Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.