Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 26382
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking an Administrative Officer to manage day-to-day functions within one of our subspecialty divisions, in collaboration with the Department’s centralized administrative leadership.
- Operations Management: manage administrative functions; recommend plans for fiscal resources, space utilization, and the operation of on-going programs. Addresses compliance with institutional, state, and federal requirements.
- Human Resources Management: supervise support staff, including training, evaluating, counseling, and disciplining; guiding the HR recruitment processes for university faculty, staff, and health care employees in collaboration with department leadership and central SOM HR team.
- Financial Management: Participates with department central administration in purchasing, budgeting, and space allocation.
Work is performed under the general supervision of a higher-level administrator.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: One (1) year of experience in personnel, budgeting, research, or administrative management.
● If an Associate's degree: Five (5) years of experience in personnel, budgeting, research, or administrative management.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Nine (9) years of experience in personnel, budgeting, research, or administrative management.
The preferred candidate for this position would have:
● Recent administrative experience (within 3 years) in a large, diverse clinical academic setting;
● Familiarity with clinical research; experience with health care, clinical operations, office management, computer programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of an extended team.
● Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are required for ongoing faculty, patient/family, and customer satisfaction. The role requires an organized, detail-oriented, and flexible individual, capable of managing competing priorities and projects.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: UNC FP Peds Genetics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.