Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 29724
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 providers by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This is a full-time position with the UNC Health Care Population Health Services department. The Population Health Support Specialist – Community Health Worker is responsible for supporting clinical care planning as part of the interdisciplinary care team through patient resource coordination and health coaching. Weekend and evening hours and non-traditional work venues may be required to meet patient needs. Applicants may also be asked to complete tasks assigned by the Population Health Manager and the Population Health Team leads to support UNC Population Health Services. Such tasks include, but are not limited to, direct patient outreach, quality metric reviews, and preventative gap closure. Team members will be trained on Epic, UNC's electronic medical record, and will learn the basics of population health management and Health Maintenance compliance.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self, and others.
2. Actively participates in departmental, service line and/or organization quality improvement initiatives to ensure patient, departmental and organizational goals/outcomes are met or exceeded.
3. Reports issues and system barriers for efficient and effective care plan support to the Population Health Manager and the Population Health Team Leads per policy.
4. Interdisciplinary Care Planning, Resource Coordination, and Health Coaching.
5. Appropriately identifies, provides, & documents provision of potential community and health system resources to address barriers to care.
6. Partners with interdisciplinary care team to support patient’s care plan to ensure barriers to care have been addressed and the patient is provided with appropriate resources and services.
7. Actively participates in huddles, interdisciplinary care team meetings and other departmental meetings to address identified barriers so that patient can make progress toward care plan goals/outcomes in a timely manner.
8. Communicates effectively through documentation in the electronic medical record and by verbal interactions with the physician, interdisciplinary care team, patient, and family/caregivers.
● High school diploma or GED
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum 1 year of experience in community outreach and resource coordination highly desired. Volunteer experience may be considered.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Pop Health Supp Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.