Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 29332
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides body work therapy to clients within the scope of individual training and certification. Directly reports to the Massage Program Coordinator.
1. Ensures cleanliness of work areas before and after use. Sets up and breaks down work areas and maintains supplies as needed. Immediately cleans up spills. Exercises dependability and willingness to work with schedule flexibility. Maintains schedule as assigned. Practices universal health care protocol while dealing with clients and coworkers.
2. Explains all procedures to clients in a manner that respects their individual needs and preferences. Maintains client confidentiality at all times--on and off-site. Reports any unusual client interactions to the appropriate manager immediately.
3. Performs health history on new and returning clients prior to each session. Ascertains precautions and contraindications for massage prior to each session. Documents above information on standardized health history forms. Consults with other staff when appropriate to provide continuity of care.
4. Performs other job-related duties as assigned to ensure that the overall development and functioning of the Wellness Center is maximized. Helps to market massage therapy program through chair massage, leading or participating in massage workshops and helping with promotional ideas and events.
5. Provides safe, appropriate and effective body work therapy to clients of the Wellness Center. Develops individualized body work sessions based on client health history and input. Asks for feedback during session as to depth of work.
● Graduation from an accredited Massage program.
● Licensed by the North Carolina Board of Massage and Body Work Therapy.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires one (1) year massage therapy experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Meadowmont Wellness Center
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 10.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.