Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 28627
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
*This position qualifies for our UNC Hospitals – Support Services Commitment Incentive program, which includes $1,500 paid over a two (2) years. Equal payments will be made every six (6) months of employment from their start date during the two (2) year commitment. Learn more about the incentive program here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-hospitals-support-services-commitment-incentive-program
Our Nutrition and Food Services team are true culinary professionals within an award-winning, nationally recognized healthcare system. As a valued member of the UNC Health family, our Nutrition and Food team helps to provide top quality Carolina Care, fueling our patients, their families, and our own employees. Our recipe for career success is reflected within our organizational values and what we can offer our team members. Offering a full comprehensive benefits package with up to 5 weeks of paid time off accrued annually, tuition assistance, and highly competitive starting wages. We offer higher hourly wage incentives for those that work night shifts and for prior relevant experience. See yourself at UNC Health and join our One great team!
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Cooks and prepares food and performs related tasks such as clean up and quality assurance activities.
1. Cooks food, including pastries desserts, and soups, according to recipes. Completes basic mathematical calculations to alter quantities as needed.
2. Ensures quality of foods. Assists in testing and standardizing recipes maintains proper temperatures for food.
3. Operates and cleans all production utensils and equipment. Maintains cooking area in a sanitary, neat and orderly manner.
4. Prepares complete meals and special events foods. Arranges food in an appealing manner.
5. Prepares food, including meats, vegetables, salads, desserts, and soups for regular, modified, and calculated diets using weighing and measuring techniques.
● None required.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience in the cooking of food in quantity lots or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
● If Associate's degree in Culinary Arts, no experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: NFS Retail Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.